BEAUTY POST| NEW MAYBELLINE DREAM CUSHION FOUNDATION

Hey Beavs!

The weather is finally getting warmer which means time for NEW makeup and lots of decluttering from the previous year. All of the foundations I own are full coverage and I decided to start adding some light, sheer, and medium coverage ones for those light and quick days. Not to mention I am a mother, so it is mandatory to have a foundation for on the go applications.

Cushion foundations are a Korean beauty trend that reached the Western world in 2015. Laneige, a Korean brand, released some of there products in Sephora and many companies took a hint from them. Cushion foundations make for easy and quick application and a natural finish. Loreal was the first drugstore brand to get in on this and now Maybelline has joined the bandwagon.

I have been a fan of Maybelline since high school so it only made sense to pick this beauty up. I also know the shade Caramel always matches me. So it wouldn't be super difficult to figure out a match. The consistency of this foundation is thin but it has a light to medium coverage. It feels so light on the skin and leaves a dewy natural finish. If you have oily skin like me you will definitely have to use a primer and setting powder. I never leave the house without using either of these products.

I have used both a beauty sponge and foundation brush with this product. It looks amazing with both, giving me fresh looking skin in an instant. I guess my only issue would be there is only 1 shade after Caramel. So not all my black sister can enjoy this foundation. But it is a drugstore foundation so we aren't surprised anymore.

I recorded a first impressions video, including some other drugstore spring goodies, and it should be up on my channel within the next few days. So look out for it.

P.S. How do you like my new page layout, fancy huh? 😉 See you next time beauties!!

Comments

Popular Posts