BEAUTY POST| MARY KAY SPRING 2016 INTO THE GARDEN COLLECTION





Hey Beavs! Totally late on bringing this to you guys, I am so sorry. But if you follow me on Instagram you will always be up to date with me. (Instagram: @StyledByBeaver). Okay, let's talk about some of Mary Kay Spring 2016 products. If you would like to see the full collection, head over to my website. The link will be at the end of this blog.




Presenting, the Mary Kay Limited Edition Spring 2016 Into The Garden Compact and Soap Set. I am so in love with the packaging, it screams spring and fresh flowers. It also has a sense of vintage youth to it. If you were unaware, Mary Kay collaborated with Brazilian Fashion Designer Patricia Bonaldi to create this entire collection. I think she did a great job!




Here is the inside of the palette. It features 4 eye shadows, 3 lip glosses, a mirror, and a dual ended sponge tip applicator and lip brush. It is small in size, which makes it perfect for on the go or traveling. The color range Mary Kay decided to use for this palette is quite remarkable. Not just because these colors replicate spring but because they can be worn on so many skin tones, including women of color. I love showing you guys products that you may not have been aware would work for our skin.
Now lets talk about the quality: amazing. You guys know, Mary Kay is all about great quality products Their eye shadows are creamy and super pigmented, they never disappoint in that department. As for the lip glosses, they are glossy, not sticky, but slightly sheer. (Scroll down to see swatches). They apply nicely however they are best paired with a lipstick or lip liner underneath them. They are not pigmented enough for you to wear on their own and expect to see a lot of color. I am just being honest. However, I do like the glosses. The pink gloss looks gorgeous over a neutral lip liner. Plus here is a tip: the lip liner allows the gloss to last longer throughout the day.

Check out this video on how I used the palette. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgUBtd4CKzs




I know yo are probably thinking, a soap set sounds so random. I thought so too in the beginning. But think of it this way, in the spring we do lots of cleaning, decluttering, and dusting tog get rid of the old winter blues. We start fresh and by cleansing everything in our lives. Get it now?
These soaps smell so fresh and they have a citrus scent. Now on the container, it does not state whether these are hand soaps or body soaps. Me personally, I will be using them as hand soaps, just to be on the safe said.
Another great idea would be to give this set as a gift for someones birthday, wedding gift, gift for new home owners, or save it for Mother's Day (which is what I plan to do).

No Flash
(Left to Right)Plum Brown, Violet, Pink, and Natural Taupe


With Flash


With Flash
(Top to Bottom) Coral, Pink, Nude)

No Flash




**This post is NOT SPONSORED. I purchased these products with my own money.*

Comments

Popular Posts